- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
- Trauma and Emergencies
For specific Coronavirus (COVID-19) research and guidance visit the Coronavirus information hub.
Our role is to support the delivery of high quality clinical research relevant to the care of older people. We help to manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through the Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses
- Facilitating research links and networking.
We focus on research that deals with the investigation, diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of all types and stages of cardiovascular disease. This means we support a range of research studies such as those involving heart failure, blood pressure, heart defects, heart muscle disease and surgery including:
- Studies involving devices in diseases of the heart including valves and arteries
- Studies involving high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Studies into rhythm disturbance of the heart, surgery and sudden death.
Our aim is to have a beneficial impact on quality of life by ensuring that people who have cardiovascular disease have the opportunity to know about and participate in relevant clinical research studies.
Patient, Carer and public information
NHS Research Scotland is committed to actively involving patients, those who care for them and the public in all aspects of the research process, including shaping future research activity. Read more
Clinical Research Champion: Vacant
Network Manager: Vacant
- Interim contact: firstname.lastname@example.org