- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
- Trauma and Emergencies
Oral and Dental
For specific Coronavirus (COVID-19) research and guidance visit the Coronavirus information hub.
Our role is to support the delivery of high quality Oral and Dental studies and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for Oral and Dental studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resources to support research.
At the moment approximately half of all the Oral and Dental studies actively recruiting in Scotland are led by Scotland, demonstrating that we have a wealth of experienced Investigators who can develop and deliver successful dental research studies.
Oral and Dental Studies
We oversee research that deals with conditions from nutritional deficiencies, genetic conditions and general infection to systemic and dental diseases. Our studies take place in a range of settings, including hospital in-patients, dental hospital outpatients and primary care.
We work to promote the successful delivery of research studies in the NHS and to help plan new studies that will address patient’s needs.
We support a wide range of research studies including:
- Common dental diseases (such as caries and periodontal disease)
- Oral diseases and conditions (such as oral cancer and orthodontic problems)
- Promoting oral health at an individual and public health level
- Prevention and management for all dental diseases, related conditions and their longer-term impacts
- Development and testing of new technologies.
Patient, carer and public information
Performance Manager: Sarah Kennedy