For specific Coronavirus (COVID-19) research and guidance visit the Coronavirus information hub.
Our role is to support the delivery of high quality clinical research in Ophthalmology and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for Ophthalmology studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses.
The Scottish Ophthalmology portfolio is relatively small, so we are keen to support new investigators wishing to undertake Ophthalmology research in Scotland.
Keeping patients safe in the eye clinic during their research appointment
Fight for Sight Research Strategy 2017-2022 and Funding Opportunities
The eye research charity Fight for Sight Research Strategy 2017-2022, is designed to maximise the impact of research funding in their mission to stop sight loss.