- Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine, and Critical Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
- Trauma and Emergencies
Neuroprogressive and Dementia Disease
The Neuroprogressive and Dementia Network is funded by the Chief Scientist Office to promote a culture of clinical research in dementia across Scotland and improve recruitment to high-quality studies from both urban and rural areas.
The Network has grown from four centres in Grampian, Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lothian and Tayside to now cover the whole of mainland Scotland. In addition to improving the quality and quantity of dementia research in Scotland, the network aims to:
- Build on world-class studies
- Promote innovative practice
- Increase research activity within the NHS and promote high quality, multidisciplinary and multi-centre trials
- Increase the number of people with Neuroprogressive diseases or dementia and their carers in clinical studies
- Deliver research in urban and rural areas
- Support clinical research and researchers
- Improve links within UK and Europe.
Our research strategy is overseen by our Advisory Board which includes external academic advisers, a carer, and a representative from Alzheimer Scotland. In general, we encourage research that aligns with the agenda set by SIGN 86 and the Scottish Dementia Strategy.
Please contact us by email on TAY.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also have the latest news on dementia & neuroprogressive research in Scotland by following us on X (Twitter) @NRS_NDN.
You can also find us on Facebook.
The Neuroprogressive & Dementia Network has offices around Scotland with the main headquarters in Dundee:
- Corridor M, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY. Tel: 01382 423086.
We have regional offices at:
- Lower Garden Villa, Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZH
- Research Nurse Office, Old Pharmacy Building, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU
- The ICE Building, Queen Elizabeth university Hospital, Glasgow, G51 4LB
- Centre for Health Science, Old Perth Road, Inverness, IV2 3JH
- University Hospital Monklands, Monkscourt Ave, Airdrie, ML6 0JS
- University Hospital Crosshouse, 61 Lister Street, Kilmarnock, KA2 0BB